For 2013, the Ford Explorer has been redesigned, elevating the standards of the model. With new luxury and safety features, Explorer now offers a heated steering wheel to enhance driving comfort and smart HID headlamp beams that dim automatically when oncoming traffic is detected. Explorer also offers Ford’s leading edge safety features and adds new knee airbags for the front-seat passenger.
Some highlights of the 2013 Ford Explorer are:
- Latest-generation SYNC® system with MyFord Touch® featuring Wi-Fi®capability, text-to-voice, HD Radio™ with iTunes® Tagging and voice-activated navigation
- Integrated USB ports for accessing music
- Choice of 3.5-liter Ti-VCT V6 engine or 2.0-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder with best-in-class fuel economy of up to 28 mpg highway
- Standard trailer sway control, which uses selective braking and engine management to tame unwanted trailer movement
- Ford’s leading safety and security features, including:
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™)
- Safety Canopy® System, a side air curtain technology offering protection for the first and second seating rows
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- MyKey® programmable vehicle key allows parental controls on driving speed
- Hill Start Assist for more confidence on uphill grades
- Curve Control, which can slow the vehicle by up to 10 mph if it senses a curve is being taken too fast
Explorer customers can select from several engine choices; a 2.0-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder: Best-in-class fuel economy for full-size, three-row SUV at 20 mpg city, 28 mpg highway or 3.5-liter V6 with Ti-VCT: Standard engine is rated at 17 mpg city, 24 mpg highway in FWD; 17 mpg city, 23 mpg highway in AWD.
The Ford Explorer continues its domination of its segment by refining its comfort and convenience features while enhancing capabilities. New comfort features include a heated steering wheel. Available HID auto high-beams activate to enhance visibility, then dim automatically in traffic. Explorer, which was the first to install inflatable outboard rear seat belts, expanding its safety package with knee airbags for the front passenger.
The Auffenberg Dealer Group is pleased to bring this Ford Explorer product information! We have several used Ford Explorer in O’Fallon at our dealership! Visit Auffenberg Pre-Owned today to shop our huge selection of new, used, and pre-owned cars, trucks and SUV’s! We have options for every buyer, every family and every budget! Our sales and finance team are standing by to help you select the perfect Auffenberg used car! Thank you for your interest in Auffenberg Pre-Owned! We look forward to serving you at our O’Fallon pre-owned dealer soon!